Importance of ExtraCurricular Activities
Researches from all over the world by famous psychologists have confirmed that extracurricular activities play a very important role in overall development of kids. There are many benefits of indulging in any extracurricular activities may it be sports, dance, drama, cooking etc., but many parents even after knowing the perks rarely allow their children to take part in such activities. Academics alone cannot build a sound mind and great personality, extracurricular activities provide that extra spark that can enlighten your kid’s body and heart. Some of the benefits of extracurricular activities are mentioned here which will surely change your mind about telling your kid to study for an extra hour and you will want to accompany them to the park.
- Stress Buster- Kids more often than not face a lot of stress in today’s competitive academic front and seeking fun in any extracurricular activities can relieve their mind and can help them think better and clear about upcoming challenges. The studies have confirmed that children who have a hobby close to their heart can fight depression and stress better than the ones who aren’t part of any extracurricular activity.
- Time management- By taking part in any sports, music etc. children know they have to balance their activities with their time table and they plan their day well ahead in time so that they don’t lose on studies and their fun as well. This skill later would definitely help your child to master time management skills.
- Better social skills- Being born in the era of gadgets, kids rarely get the chance to make new friends and meet new people. By going out and interacting with new kids during their extracurricular activities, they break social barriers; learn the value of team work and friendships.
- Builds confidence-Being appreciated on kid’s talent is probably the best boost for their self- esteem. Knowing that they are good in something other than studies imparts a different sort of happiness in kid’s heart and extracurricular activities succeed in providing them that.
- Exploration of new talents and interests- Extracurricular activities provide a chance to children to realize their hidden potential and give them opportunity to experiment and find what they love to do. Being engrossed in studies, kids don’t get time to realize their interests and engaging in such activities provide them with a hobby they never get bored of, and what might turn into a profession in their later life.
- Understand responsibilities- Extracurricular activities teach children how to be a part of the team and take decisions accordingly, kids learn how to follow instructions and overcome a task. For example taking part in any sport activity, children understand the true sense of team-work and sportsmanship.
- Overall development- From development of social to emotional and physiological well being, extracurricular activities play an important role in overall development of children. They learn to face all sorts of pressure and come out victorious from the other end. Extracurricular activities help in developing a great personality which would bring more happiness and success to kids later.
Don’t restrict your kids just to their study room, allow them to explore their inner self and find a talent which makes them happy. Extracurricular activities and academics needs to have a perfect amalgamation in a kid’s life for their all round development. So, parent’s it’s time you give a surprise to your children and encourage them to go out and play!
Author: Suhani Jainhttp://www.blog.schoolgully.com/education/importance-extracurricular-activities/https://i2.wp.com/www.blog.schoolgully.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/cooking.jpg?fit=350%2C245https://i2.wp.com/www.blog.schoolgully.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/cooking.jpg?resize=150%2C150EducationParentingextracurricular,hobbiesResearches from all over the world by famous psychologists have confirmed that extracurricular activities play a very important role in overall development of kids. There are many benefits of indulging in any extracurricular activities may it be sports, dance, drama, cooking etc., but many parents even after knowing the...admin [email protected]AdministratorSchoolgully