Making Pregnancy Care Simple
The news that you are going to be blessed with a baby brings a bundle of joy not only to you and your partner but to your family and friends as well. Since the day everyone hears the news they start planning and preparing for arrival of the new member in the family. The couple gets advices from everyone in the family, neighbors, distant relatives and it is more often than not that they end up being confused and scared with all the overwhelming things, but it is very important not to fall prey to these things. The best advices that you can get are from your doctor and consult him/her about any confusion you have related to pregnancy care.
We have compiled a few things which are doctor-proven and should be definitely kept in mind and would help you categorize a major part for your pregnancy care.
- Eat healthy– This is one of things which you’ll hear from everyone during your pregnant days. ‘You don’t just eat for yourself, but for the baby too’ is the phrase which elderly people say, and this is true in scientific terms too. Have a healthy balanced diet including pulses, beans, sprouts, eggs, fish, milk, green vegetables, and fruits including cherries, apple, and oranges.
- Exercise– Regular exercise is a very important aspect in staying fit, light exercises such as walking, swimming etc. in moderation helps in back problems and swelling. Keep in mind not to overdo any exercise and rigorous gym hours should be strictly avoided.
- Quit smoking and alcohol consumption– Active and passive smokings both are hazardous for the development of baby and lead to many fatal disorders. Alcohol consumption should also be stopped, if the alcohol intake reaches a certain level it can lead to many disabilities in the child.
- Increase your intake of Vitamin B12– Every doctor would prescribe you vitamin and folic acid tablets, but apart from that keep in mind to eat green vegetables, beans and citrus fruits. Vitamin B12 is an important factor in cell growth and hence necessary for development of the child.
- Keep yourself hydrated– Increase your water intake and keep in mind to constantly rehydrate your body. Include eating water-rich foods such as soups, stews, yoghurts, fruits in your everyday routine.
- Stay away from toxic substances– Many bug sprays, fertilizers, synthetic chemicals contains components which prove hazardous to the reproductive system and hampers proper development of the baby, so avoid coming in contact with such substances.
- Take prescribed medicines only– Some common medicines that we pop up to cure common cough and cold might also be delirious to the baby, so always consult your doctor before taking any medicines.
Keeping your body and mind healthy would result in a healthy and a safe pregnancy. Mothers’ health is imperative for proper development of the baby, and it is the duty of father and other family members to keep her happy and healthy throughout the pregnancy. The joy a child brings is incomparable to any tangible thing but the responsibility of raising a child should be well understood by the couple. Wishing you a happy pregnancy ! and good pregnancy care!
Author: Suhani Jain
Visit Schoolgully.com to get indepth information on schools and join the parent community!
http://www.blog.schoolgully.com/newborns-infants/pregnancy-care-simplified/NewBorns & Infantsmother,Pregnancy,Pregnancy CareThe news that you are going to be blessed with a baby brings a bundle of joy not only to you and your partner but to your family and friends as well. Since the day everyone hears the news they start planning and preparing for arrival of the new...admin [email protected]sg2plcpnl0154.prod.sin2.secureserver.netAdministratorSchoolgully