5 ways to stimulate your baby’s senses
A new born baby can also perceive various emotions and sense sight, smell, voices. It has been confirmed by various pediatricians that baby’s use their five senses differently than adult to understand and react to the information and environment around them. The sense of smell and voice is almost developed while the baby is in the womb, so the baby can be already tuned in to your voices and can develop a taste of the foods you eat during your pregnancy. Your baby would feel a little familiar to your voice and touch and hence feel immensely comfortable and warm around you. As parents there are a few things that you can do to elevate the development of your baby’s senses, read on to find 5 simple ways to help stimulate your baby’s senses.
- Vision– To stimulate a good eyesight and vision, make your baby familiar with new patterns and colors by changing the décor of her room frequently. Games such as peek-a-boo are great in developing hand eye co-ordination in kids, you can also make your baby watch slow moving objects in his vision and develop his field of sight.
- Hearing– The researchers suggest that this sense can develop very early when the baby is still in the womb, so talking, reading different books, singing, can help in language development in your baby. Even when the baby is born. Talking to her and reciting tales and book-stories can help develop her personality and sense of hearing as well.
- Touch– It is often said that first contact of the baby with her mother is very important, and this is true even in later life, the skin to skin contact is very important for your baby’s sense of touch. So, hold your newborn in your arms, sleep with them. Even routine activities such as bathing and massaging them prove to be beneficial for their development of sense of touch.
- Smell – It is very important to develop your baby’s sense of smell. Your baby can recognize your scent and hence feel relaxed and comfortable around you. Especially during breastfeeding, the baby senses the smell of the milk and the mother’s skin scent, so avoid changing your perfumes frequently and make them aware of certain smells of products that are dangerous for them and train them to be away from such products.
- Taste – The baby can detect tastes very early in life while feeding on mother’s milk. So, eat variety of food while you are breastfeeding to develop a good taste in your baby especially of healthy food products. Even after the baby starts taking solid foods, include green vegetables and fruits so the baby can develop a taste for a healthy diet.
While doing above mentioned simple routine drills, you not only develop your baby’s senses but also ensure that there is nothing wrong with them. You can understand if your baby has weak eyesight or a hearing problem if she does not respond in a healthy manner and hence can get it checked in an early age. So, Invest your time in these little things and see your baby grow having a beautiful and efficient personality.
Author: Suhani Jain
Visit Schoolgully.com to get in-depth information on schools and join the parent community!http://www.blog.schoolgully.com/parenting/5-ways-stimulate-babys-senses/https://i0.wp.com/www.blog.schoolgully.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/mother2.jpg?fit=1024%2C678https://i0.wp.com/www.blog.schoolgully.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/mother2.jpg?resize=150%2C150ParentingBaby,SensesA new born baby can also perceive various emotions and sense sight, smell, voices. It has been confirmed by various pediatricians that baby’s use their five senses differently than adult to understand and react to the information and environment around them. The sense of smell and voice is almost...admin [email protected]AdministratorSchoolgully