Ensure a Happy and Safe Diwali for your Kids
Diwali is quintessentially one of the favorite festivals of Childs and adults alike. Celebrated with fun and frolic in almost every part of India all kids look forward to the festival of lights. From eating the delicious sweets to lighting the firecrackers, Diwali is close to every kid’s heart. However, sadly many accidents are reported every year and kids should be taught and supervised about use of fire crackers. The threat from fire crackers is not only getting burned but the gases that are emitted from them are extremely harmful and can cause several health issues. Ensuring a safe Diwali, should therefore the the No. 1 priority for parents. Kids should not be abandoned during this time of the year at any cost as even a minute’s negligence can turn into a hurtful and sad accident.
Here are some of the tips that will help you set up a safe Diwali for your children and let you have a wonderful celebration:
- Strictly avoid nylon or synthetic clothing. Choose cotton fabrics and stay away from loose clothing.
- Burn crackers in an open compound and avoid closed spaces.
- It is best not to burst bombs and stick with sparkle fountains and floor circles.
- Always keep a bucket of water and blanket handy.
- Buy best quality fire-crackers from a licensed shop and don’t try saving money here as chemicals released from crackers can cause life-long permanent damages such as wheezing and asthma.
- Store the crackers away from a source of ignition.
- Make it a point to discard the used fire-crackers in a bucket of water.
- Children should be made to wear closed footwear such as shoes and sandals, avoid flip-flops, heels.
- Never let children burn crackers without supervision.
- While lighting rockets, look for open spaces and make sure there is no obstruction like trees and wires.
- Don’t let children carry many fireworks at the same time and provide them with a limited number of them.
- Wash your children hands thoroughly with soap after lighting the crackers as they contain many hazardous chemicals which should not be ingested in any case and kept away from sensitive areas such as the eyes.
- Children should be educated about not misusing the fire and understanding the fire manual.
- Have a list of emergency contact details saved in your phone to readily reach hospitals and help in case of emergency.
- Make sure to store the firecrackers in closed spaces and not left in the open as they could easily catch fire.
Following certain habits and being a bit cautions can help you celebrate this festival with happiness and contentment with your loved ones. Depriving kids fully from burning crackers is not the suggested way to go as indeed it is joyous and filled with wonderment for kids but the way to go is being safe. So, please keep the mentioned things in mind and we are sure you’ll look forward every year celebrating this festival with your kids. Have a prosperous, shining and most importantly Safe Diwali !
Author Suhani Jainhttp://www.blog.schoolgully.com/parenting/safe_diwali/https://i2.wp.com/www.blog.schoolgully.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/idiva2.jpg?fit=259%2C194https://i2.wp.com/www.blog.schoolgully.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/idiva2.jpg?resize=150%2C150ParentingDiwali,Pollution,SafetyDiwali is quintessentially one of the favorite festivals of Childs and adults alike. Celebrated with fun and frolic in almost every part of India all kids look forward to the festival of lights. From eating the delicious sweets to lighting the firecrackers, Diwali is close to every kid’s heart....admin firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorSchoolgully