THE KEY TO SUCCESS -“TAKING EFFECTIVE NOTES”
An average person looses 80% of the memory in one day. As I’m sure you would not want your study efforts to go to waste in one day nor would you ever wish your academic success to depend on such an unreliable method. Thankfully, there is an easy solution to this fix. Its Taking Effective Notes and below we tell you how.
So it’s the time to collect your thoughts, check your lessons, and decide what you wish to study. Now lets get started. (For the purpose of this guide, we will assume you are taking the notes for a story in English)
- Before you start to read, make sure you are holding a pen.
- Go through the exposition, whenever most characters gets introduced (usually the starting 1-2 chapters). Make an attempt to stay on track of recent names, new places, and a dozen language.
- Take the notes in Chunks, i.e. group identical ideas together
- Attempt to take notes at the end of every scene, act, event, flashback, chapter, or alternative natural structural component rather than after every sentence. It’ll be easier to spot what’s vital once you have an even bigger image of things.
5. Write queries you wish clarification on, or note any reasonable prediction, inference, reaction, etc. At this stage, no one else has got time to see the matter you wrote, so just note.
6. If you encounter a big passage, description, or quote, (Too lengthy to note) leave a page flag there. jot a short note concerning why it’s vital, however don’t worry so much over detailed analysis just yet
7. Any time you run out of room in the margins, grip an index card or sticky note and keep on groovin’.
8. As said earlier,align your note taking with your assignments i.e. If you know you’ll have to write an essay specifically concerning character development once you end this book, you can draw a chart on a separate piece of paper that has columns for every characters’.
9. Finally, once you’ve finished the book, return to your light and page flags to tug out the data you wish. If you followed this guide, you must have lots of nice examples to select from. Use your margin notes and index cards to jumpstart your analysis and start to place along your assignment or project in its final type.
Eureka…And you have done it !! **
Author: Kazi Ali
Visit Schoolgully.com to get indepth information on schools and join the parent community!http://www.blog.schoolgully.com/uncategorized/taking-effective-notes/https://i2.wp.com/www.blog.schoolgully.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/notepad-117597_1280.png?fit=240%2C256https://i2.wp.com/www.blog.schoolgully.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/notepad-117597_1280.png?resize=150%2C150MiscellaneousAn average person looses 80% of the memory in one day. As I'm sure you would not want your study efforts to go to waste in one day nor would you ever wish your academic success to depend on such an unreliable method. Thankfully, there is an easy solution to this...admin [email protected]AdministratorSchoolgully